TIOGA COUNTY BASS ANGLERS
Article 1: Purpose
A. To promote bass fishing
B. To promote conservation.
C. To promote sportsmanship.
Article 2: Membership
A. An Honorary Life Member shall be those persons who because of outstanding service to the
Tioga County Bass Anglers have won the admiration and esteem of the membership. They shall
not be required to pay dues or attend meetings or other activities, but may attend such activities
if they so desire.
B. Any member on current military status will be considered a member in good standing and will
not be charged dues until discharged from the service.
C. All members must pay annual dues (senior and junior).
1. New members must also fill out a membership card along with paying their dues.
D. Dues for the first year will be $25.00 and $20.00 each year thereafter.
E. Membership dues must be paid by the second meeting of the calendar year. Non-payment will
result in removal from the clubs rolls. Reinstatement can be obtained by paying the $25.00
annual membership dues.
F. The fiscal and membership year is from January 1st to December 31st.
G. Any member can be expelled from the club for poor sportsmanship or any action deemed
detrimental to the club.
1. Before any member can be expelled from the club, he or she must have the opportunity to
present his or her case to the full membership.
2. Actual expulsion from the club shall be decided by a majority of active members present at
the meeting the charges are presented. The vote shall be by a secret ballot. If expelled, no
dues are refunded.
H. Any junior member must be 14 years of age to be considered by a vote of the members for
senior membership. He or she will automatically be a full (senior) member at age 16.
Article 3: Election of Officers
A. Nominations and election of officers.
1. At the November meeting the President will ask for nominations or volunteers for the club
offices and director for the coming year.
2. This slate will be presented to the membership at the December meeting. Any additional
nominations will be accepted from the floor. Nominations will then be closed and a ballot will
be cast for each office and directorship.
3. Elected officers and directors will assume their duties at the close of old business at the
January meeting with the exception of the tournament director.
4. The Tournament Director and Assistant Tournament Director will assume their offices at the
October meeting of the current year.
B. Association officers.
5. Board of Directors
6. Tournament Director
7. Assistant Tournament Director
C. Board of Directors are elected for a three year period. One Director will be replaced each year.
Article 4: Responsibility of Elected Officers
1. Conducts meetings.
2. Appoints all committees.
1. Assumes duties of the President in his or her absence.
1. Performs duties requested by the President.
2. Takes minutes of the meetings.
3. Conducts roll call.
4. Maintains reports of committees as a form of reference.
5. Responsible for routine correspondence.
6. Maintains a list of clubs property and equipment and sell unwanted equipment.
1. Takes care of all finances as directed by the President and Board of Directors.
2. Keeps accurate records and has such records always available for inspection.
3. Prepares and presents monthly financial report.
4. Sees that yearly audit is conducted.
E. Board of Directors
1. Will insure that all club policies and By-Laws are followed.
2. Audit all books yearly.
F. Tournament Director
1. Will prepare and present tournament schedule to membership for approval.
2.Tournament schedule will include location, date, and tournament boundaries and special regulations.
3. Will make sure all applications for required tournament permits are submitted and approved.
4. Has charge of all club tournaments and will have the final say on all tournament problems.
G. Assistant Tournament Director
1. Will assist Tournament Director in conducting the tournament.
2. Will assume all duties of the Tournament Director in his absence.
Article 5: Meetings
A. A meeting will be held at least once a month unless otherwise decided by the President.
B. The meeting place will be decided on by the members and announced as far as possible in
Article 6: Sportsmanship
A. All members are expected to exhibit the highest degree of sportsmanship at all club activities.
B. All members are expected to observe all fishing laws, boating regulations and tournament rules.
C. Failure to do so will result in disqualification of the tournament.
Article 7: Trophies
A. Angler of the Year
The Angler of the Year trophy will be awarded to the member who has accumulated the
highest total points for the year.
1. Trophies will be awarded to the top three positions.
B. Co-Angler of the Year
1. A trophy will be awarded to the highest finishing co-angler.
C. Lunker of the Year
1. A Lunker of the Year trophy will be awarded for the largest bass weight caught in regular club
tournaments for the year.
D. Classic Trophies
1. Trophies will be awarded to the four highest finishers in the Don Heck Jr. Memorial Classic
2. A Lunker trophy will also be awarded for the largest weight bass.
E. Trophies will be awarded as deemed financially feasible in any given year.
Article 8: Amendments
All future amendments to the By-Laws shall be submitted to the secretary in writing and signed by the submitter. An amendment may be voted on by the membership only at the May and November meetings: and if accepted, it will be added to the existing By-Laws. All amendments must be submitted at least one month prior to the May or November meeting.
Tournament rules may be changed anytime if it is beneficial for the club. All changes need to be voted on and approved by the majority at a regular monthly meeting.
Revised in 2018
TIOGA COUNTY BASS ANGLERS
1. Only members of the Tioga County Bass Anglers are eligible to participate in club tournaments.
A. Guests will be allowed to fish club tournaments as a boat owner or rider as long as all
members who wish to fish have a ride.
1) Guests will be required to pay a tournament fee equal to a member to be able to fish for
prize money. A guest will not be awarded points.
2) Members are allowed one guest per year.
2. Locations, dates, times and off limits for each tournament will be submitted by the Tournament
Committee to membership for approval.
3. Contestants pairing will be by random draw conducted by the Tournament Director on a date and
time approved by the membership prior to the tournament.
A. There will be two contestants per boat unless boat owner and rider agree to accept a third
B. It will be the rider’s responsibility to share equally in the boaters expense for the tournament
C. Junior members will be paired with their sponsor members unless another member agrees to
take the junior member.
D. Due to certain personal inconveniences during the course of a tournament, a
spouse/significant other will have the option to be selected as fishing partner by his or her
spouse/significant other in all tournaments or elect to be paired by normal club rules.
E. Boat owner and rider shall each have the right to select the fishing waters for at least half the
F. A non-boater must fish with each available boater before the angler can fish with a boater twice.
G. Every person in the boat must be a paying participant.
4. If an uneven number of members wish to fish a tournament the extra member will be allowed to
fish under one of the following options:
A. A boat owner and rider agree to take a third party.
B. If the extra member owns a boat; he may fish alone or take a friend. This will not count as guest
of the year.
C. If the extra member doesn’t own a boat they can bring a friend who does own a boat and will
not be charged with a guest.
D. If there are more rider’s than boat owners for the tournament, the rider who was unable to
fish will be the first person to draw for a ride in the next tournament.
E. If a rider no shows the boat owner may fish alone, unless we have three in a boat, the extra
rider fishes in the no show boat.
F. If two boat owners are without rider’s they may pair up if agreeable to both.
G. If boat owner no shows the rider may fish 3 in a boat if a boat owner offers. If no offer, all single
boat owners are put in the draw.
5. Any contestants who show up intoxicated will not be allowed to participate in the tournament.
A. No alcohol or illegal drugs will be used prior to or during a TCBA tournament.
B. Violation of this rule will result in disqualification from the tournament and all future club
6. Bait type will be artificial only.
7. A maximum of one rod may be fished with at one time.
8. When starting a tournament, all tournament boats are required to stay within a 50 yard radius of
the launch site until released by the Tournament Director. This may be changed at the discretion of
the Tournament Director.
9. Safety and boating requirements.
A. All boats will be at least 12 feet in length and meet all State and Federal regulations. No
canoes, rafts or kayaks.
B. Each boat owner is required to have all safety equipment required by Local, State and Federal
C. It is the riders responsibility to furnish his or her own approved life vest.
D. All life vests used in tournament competition will be Type III PFD and will be properly worn and
zipped with the kill switch attached to the boat driver.
E. PFD will be worn and kill switch will be attached to the driver any time the gasoline motor is
running. If the Tournament Director or Law Enforcement Personnel observes otherwise, it will
be an automatic tournament disqualification.
10. Tournament water boundaries, special regulations, and off-limit areas will be announced prior to
A. Bass only (large/small mouth) will be weighed in for tournament consideration.
B. A minimum length will be 12 inches unless state or local length is greater (which ever is
greater will apply)
C. Creel limit will be five (5) fish unless announced differently prior to the tournament.
D. Measurement of all fish will be on an approved board with the fish flat, mouth closed, and tail in
11. Each competitor will make every attempt to keep his catch alive.
A. A properly aerated live well with divider is recommended.
B. All fish must be released alive.
C. No culling of dead fish.
D. A 4 oz. (.25 lb.) penalty will be deducted for each fish that is kept or that has died prior to the
weigh-in. There is also a 4oz. (.25 lb.) penalty for any fish that is returned to the water that is
unable to swim away.
E. No competitor shall give or catch fish for another competitor that will or could be added to his
creel weight during a tournament.
F. Violation of rule “E” will result in disqualification of all anglers involved and forfeit of all weight
for the tournament.
12. Each tournament will have a lunker competition.
A. Lunker fee is included in the tournament fee and shall be 100 percent payback.
B. Lunker fish will be the largest fish by weight. Fish must be alive to qualify for lunker.
C. It will be each competitor’s responsibility to have the largest fish in his creel weighed to be
eligible for lunker.
13. Boats competing in a TCBA tournament may not pass within 25 yards of another competitor’s
A. An anchored boat shall be any boat that is attached to a stationary object by a line, rope or
14. No competitor shall violate another competitor’s catch in anyway. Such action will result in
automatic disqualification from the tournament.
15. All boats are required to return to the weigh-in site by the official check-in time.
A. Late boat owner and rider will be penalized at a rate of one (1) pound per 5 minutes late.
B. Any boat owner and rider returning to the weigh-in site 15 minutes after the official check-in
time will have their total weights disqualified for that tournament.
C. Breakdowns and boaters towing/helping are not penalized. You may send your catch to be
weighed if towing or repairs will take too long.
D. If leaving a tournament early, notify the Tournament Director or another person to report at the
16. Tie breaker
A. Combine two payback places and splitting winnings equally.
17. For regular club tournaments, (does not include classic) the co-angler with the most weight will
receive the 4th place money. If the co-angler places higher than 4th they will receive the place they
achieved. 4th place will then revert to the person who achieved 4th place.
18. Tournament Standings will be done on a 100 point basis. (example 1st place = 100 points,
2nd place = 99 points, 3rd place = 98 points). 25 points will be awarded to anyone not catching
19. Qualifying for the “Classic” is done by fishing 50% of all regular tournaments and/or
100% of PA tournaments. Also, any angler that wins a regularly scheduled tournament or wins
the previous years "Classic" will automatically qualify.
20. Cancellation of a tournament.
A. Due to bad weather and unsafe water conditions the Tournament Director and all officers
present may take a vote to cancel the tournament.
21. Anti-littering attitude will be observed at all times.
Revised in 2018